Weir Holiday Park: What a great year!
It has been a busy year at Weir Holiday Park and we’ve welcomed hundreds of guests through our gates since we opened for the 2015 season at the beginning of March.
As always we’ve enjoyed having the company of our regulars and those who own their holiday homes and re-visit throughout the year. It has also been nice to see some new faces and we look forward to welcoming everyone back in 2016.
We’re about to take, what we hope you will think is, a well earned break. Over the course of the 8 months that Weir Holiday Park is open we have:
- Mowed the lawns and grassed areas over 50 times
- Cleaned the interiors of holiday homes nearly 300 times
- Done over 400 loads of washing
- Drunk nearly 1500 cups of tea, and maybe eaten the odd biscuit
- Recycled 80 tonnes of waste and deposited over 5000 bottles at the local bottle bank
- Won a gold award for being green (the David Bellamy Conservation Award)
- Sited 5 new holiday homes (including 2 available to hire)
Of course, we don’t get chance to rest for long. Over the winter period we’ll be undertaking essential works to the site to help maintain our four star rating from Visit England and working at our other park, Allerton Holiday Park, near Knaresborough.
Already the 2016 season is on our horizons and we look forward to seeing you all again!